Monday 3 August 2015

Freedom-ish?

So, my last exam was on Friday. 

I have never come out of a medical exam and not cried. BUT I have never failed and got decent grades even though I always torture myself about how it went every time until results come out.

As tradition goes, I started crying when my best friend and I hugged outside the exam hall. We were both in shock wondering what the hell just happened in those three hours. I did have to restrain the crying though, people started to stare and I REALLY didn't want to talk about it to people I didn't know that well.

So many people brought alcohol with them and started opening bottles as soon as they were out. They looked so happy and were shouting out 'freedom' and 'summer'. I guess I was slightly bitter about that. How can you be happy right now? I thought to myself, did you not sit the same paper I did? Or did you find that easy?! Really?!


The exam had topics we were meant to cover next year. There were around 10 questions of that nature (out of 150). I was not impressed at the medical school for throwing those questions in there. 

I spoke to a couple of my friends who said they thought it was alright, and it could have been worse.  That did not make me feel better, because I really didn't think that could've been worse. It was one of the hardest exams I've had to do. But then I spoke to some of my other friends and they felt the same as me, which made me feel slightly relieved. 

Since I like to torture myself, I decided to look up some answers for a few questions. I've got maybe half right and half wrong. So I cried into my boyfriend's arms a bit more when I got home. 

In the end, if this all goes down in flames, I've only got myself to blame. There were a few things that I knew that I had read somewhere, but I just couldn't, for the life of me, remember the details. As I do have high standards for myself, I did beat myself up about it quite a bit. 

But seriously, testicular pain?!?! That was not in any of our topics this year. 

So until next Thursday (results day)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin' Follow 2

Follow