Monday 10 August 2015

Tyler Hilton and Kate Voegele Concert

For some reason, some songs just sound and feel so much better live.

Last Saturday was the third time I've seen Tyler Hilton live in the UK. First time, he was supporting Boyce Avenue, then he was on a small tour in the UK, and this time round, he was touring with another favourite artist of mine- Kate Voegele. So obviously I had to go!

The pair did not disappoint. Tyler Hilton used a loop pedal this time and created some nice bass along with the guitar. There was also a keyboard player, whom by the way was amazing! Therefore the sound was so much richer than the previous times I've seen him. He only had his guitar and his voice before. I was mouthing pretty much every word, swaying to the music and pumping my arms in the air. I did not care how silly I looked, I was there to have a good time! Oh it was so much fun! Also, it doesn't hurt that he's pretty good looking too.


Kate Voegele was pretty good too. This was my first time seeing her and her voice was really good live, much stronger than I expected. Again, I was singing along to every single word and whooping really loudly. The girl standing next to me gave me weird looks because of it, I think she only went to the concert for Tyler Hilton. What's the point if you don't whoop at a concert?! Kate Voegele wore a sparkly dress too, which made me like her more. (I have a real obsession with all things sparkly...)

The two sang a couple of songs together to end the show. The crowd went crazy and people were stomping shouting encore. He came back and sang another one even though the people didn't allow it at first. Amazing.


Both of them played some new songs from their album/EP. I have heard all the new songs, but I wasn't completely convinced. Then I heard them play the songs live and it made me love the songs. The atmosphere, the situation, their explanation of the meaning of the songs, changed the way I felt. Now when I listen to the songs, I can recall this memory.

I noticed a few people Snapchatting/instagraming/selfie-ing/general social networking during the night, which annoyed me quite a bit. A couple of girls were taking a video of themselves dancing to the music, and the dancing was quite forced. They were having a good time, but it seems sad to me that they had to exaggerate it just to show others. With the rise of social network, it seems that we all have to prove that we are having a good time, whether real or fake. My boyfriend is completely on the other end of the spectrum for this. He doesn't have a smartphone, he doesn't even take photos on holiday. He says that he prefers just remembering the picture in this mind and absorbing the moment. I am not quite as extreme as that. I enjoy taking lots of photos, which annoys him sometimes. But memories fade and photos lasts forever. On the other hand, he reminds me that I should still take in the moment and absorb it all so I am not just taking photos, which I appreciate. 

Took a nap with my boyfriend family's cat before the concert to charge up. I love this little cat so much. We nap together often.

I'm going on holiday on Tuesday to Croatia, I will try to post as often as I can but I won't have a laptop with me. I can't wait to share the sights with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin' Follow 2

Follow