Friday 7 August 2015

Anniversary BBQ Lunch

It was my step-grandparents' 40th Anniversary last Sunday. We had the fortunate sunny weather, so sunny that I managed to get a trucker's tan on my right arm, oops. My parents got them a giant teddy bear as an anniversary present. It was very silly but I think they liked it. I think everyone else also enjoyed the massive teddy bear sitting on the lawn chair.





It's so sunny! She needs UV rays protection.
The Green Egg! This is such an amazing tool, slow cooks meat and you can cook pizza in it too. A pork joint was put into this contraption at 3am and I enjoyed a very nice BBQ pulled pork in a brioche bun with slaw. YUM.
Where the magic happens... 
There were so many wasps flying about, quite a few was attracted to the apple juice. They dived in and some survived while some drowned in their greed for sweetness. 
D and T, my step-grandfather's daughter and her husband hosted at their house, and they had the most beautiful ragdoll cats. One of them were so scared by the noise that he was hiding under the bed, but the other one had the most amazing blue eyes. I spent an hour with her, and she was purring so loudly. She was just so soppy, so I abandoned the humans for a good while and hung with cats instead... There was also Harley the dog, but he was chained up and I was wearing heels so I couldn't take him for walkies. He is one hyperactive dog though, kept licking me everywhere!

Harley- the pet dog belonging to my step-uncle. He is the happiest dog on earth.
What a poser. Cutie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin' Follow 2

Follow