Saturday 22 August 2015

Day 5- Korcula


Posing next a canon is normal right?
We were greeted with a very warm welcome by the owner at the appartment Nina in Korcula. Also, the lovely Josephine (one of the staff members) gave us a brief introduction to the town and around. She recommended restaurants, activities, cafes and shops. Her voice was so soft that I felt like I could listen to her speak all day and fall asleep soundly. We also got complimentary breakfast. She said it is a gift from them for all the guests that stay with them. We are going to have omelette with ham and cheese, crepe and a nice cup of coffee. She's going to knock on our door at 8.15, to wake us for breakfast. How amazing is that?!

Korcula town is like mini Dubrovnik. The old town in Dubrovnik is not huge so you can imagine how small Korcula town is! I think we've walked around it 3 times today. It is small but that doesn't take away its beauty. There was still beautiful coastal views, classic stone buildings and small alleys. In some ways, it was nicer than Dubrovnik- less busy, less expensive, more intimate.

We went the local beach and I was lying down by the water just about to fall asleep and have a nap when a massive wave came out of nowhere and got my legs and towel wet. I immediately jumped up in surprise and took my book away, thank goodness that didn't get wet. The waves were the aftershocks of a boat, and not a very big boat either! We were both quite impressed and surprised by the waves.

Some of the restaurants were quite pricey and the restaurants recommended by Josephine was a little bit out of our price range too. So this meant pizza! You can never go wrong with a pizza. We had huge pizzas that were bigger than the size of my face, and believe me when I say I have a massive face. It was so cheap too- only £6 pounds for a hand stretched large pizza. Due to Italian influence, the pizzas in Croatia are pretty tasty!

We walked around the town and nursed our food babies. By the time we reached our hotel room, we were both exhausted. This was partly due to the swimming and partly due to the carb-coma induced by our large pizzas. Oh well, I regret nothing! Holidays are fantastic, I don't feel guilty for not really thinking about what I'm eating and there are no strict schedules- just free time to explore and enjoy. Ahhhhhhhh. Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin' Follow 2

Follow