Monday 14 September 2015

First Day Back!

Smart clothes, stethoscope, pen, notebook, ID. Okay, those are the bare essentials. Double check. Okay. Good.

First day back on the wards! I was quite looking forward this. The last two weeks in the lecture theatre was almost torture. Also, since I have done clinics already last year, everything was a bit more familiar and less nerve wracking this year. Some things never change though, I waited for a good 20mins for the ward round to start. As a medical student, you gotta have patience to wait around for the doctors.

As a new year begins, I promised myself to study harder, eat healthier, wake up earlier, and work out more. It's worked out pretty well so far. (Well it has only been one day) I managed to drag myself out of bed by 6.15am. Then got dressed and worked out, took a shower. I proceeded to make my breakfast (toasted seeded bread with smashed avocado and poached egg) and to finish preparing my lunch. I even had time to put on a little bit of makeup and still walk to uni. A pretty big win in the morning! Now I just have to keep it up... I am feeling pretty sleepy already though and it's only 7.38pm...

I think I had more expectations for today. However, things quickly settled into routine. Ward round, lunch, library, teaching, then home. Pretty uneventful day! Tomorrow I have nothing scheduled- just clerking patients. If this was last year, I might have just not gone in, but as I have promised myself, I am going to work harder. Hence, I shall do what the timetable says and clerk some patients. Very elderly patients, possibly with hearing problems too. More of a challenge to talk to and examine. But they can be very sweet and adorable.

Right, I promised myself, so I must get on with it. You have permission to slap me (softly) if you find me slacking. Off to studying I go now...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin' Follow 2

Follow