Thursday 3 September 2015

Cyprus Holiday Part II

We drove to the mountains one day and saw Toodoro and went along the walking trail that lead to a waterfall. The waterfall wasn't spectacular, but that was probably due to the dry summer. A lot of driving was done on that day. The next time that we used the car, one of the tires started to go flat. All of use was slightly concerned that a tire might have been punctured by the driving from the day before. This caused quite a lot of stress on my parents, and some very expensive phone calls to the rental car company. Fortunately, we found a garage and it was actually a valve problem due to neglected maintenance on the wheels. Phew. Not our fault.


The water was quite cold on my skin!
Early morning, the view from our hotel balcony

Sunset...


UK does not have water parks. So obviously we had to visit one. We went to the biggest one in Cyprus, which was near Lemesol. We went to one in Corfu a couple of years ago when we holidayed there, and thoroughly enjoyed it. This one was better though. There were more rides, and more different levels of thrill. I wish I had some photos to show you, but I just wanted to have fun and not spend time taking photos/asking others to take photos of me (I know my boyfriend gets annoyed at that!). I grew up in China and there were waterparks there too. I went to an outdoor one when I was very young. They weren't great because the water wasn't that clean. There were quite a few indoor water parks though. I frequently visited one of them when I was young, and loved every minute of it. The indoor ones do give constraints on size and height though. There was a new one built in the outskirts of the city where I grew up. I visited there a few years ago. It was fun, but when it's inside, it just feels a bit more artificial somehow. I have also been to a water park at Disney World in Florida. That was great fun too, but nowhere near as big as the one in Cyprus! As I'm writing this, I feel like I'm becoming some kind of water park connoisseur?! Anyway, the day spent at the waterpark in Cyprus was the second best day  of the holiday for sure (best day being swimming with a sea turtle)!

After 8 weeks in the glorious sun, I filled up on watermelon, got a tan and a few new memories I will never forget. All this made leaving and coming back so hard. London is so wet, grey and cold! But I guess we all have to come back to reality sometime. Oh post-holiday blues...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin' Follow 2

Follow