Wednesday 2 September 2015

Cyprus Holiday Part I

Sun shine, sandy beaches, and clear ocean waters. These words describe my Cyprus holiday perfectly. After travelling actively in Croatia for a week, a do-nothing-beach-holiday was just what I needed. I went there with my parents and my boyfriend, while there was some friction between me and my parents sometimes, the holiday was still enjoyable.

We didn't get up to much on this holiday, but it was still quite eventful. Most of the time was spent at the beach. The Hotel we stayed at had its own beach, so it was literally only a few steps down to the ocean from our room. The water was so warm, it was like having a bath! We did a lot of snorkelling, which caused me to have a rather stripy, unevenly tanned back...
Into the fish!




On our second day there, I spotted a turtle while snorkelling. My boyfriend and I followed the turtle for a good half hour if not more. He was absolutely adorable. He was feeding on the seaweed at the bottom of the sea, and I could clearly see his head turning and chomping away happily. Also, occasionally he would need to come up for air, and I could see his head pop out the water briefly and see his large dark eyes appearing above the surface of the water. It was such an unique and amazing experience. I never saw a turtle while snorkelling in Oz, so I was so happy when I managed to see one in Cyprus no less! Unfortunately, my parents missed out because they were on the beach that point. We set out to 'hunt the turtle' a couple of days after. I know that turtles have habits, and he should return to the same place around the same time everyday. Unfortunately, we missed the turtle by an hour and apparently he'd already left when we started swimming towards the hot spot. My parents were very disappointed.

 


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin' Follow 2

Follow