Tuesday 21 April 2015

Strawberry Jam and Summer Drink

After a busy day of running errands, exercising and meeting up with a surgeon for a potential project, I decided to spend my evening making healthy strawberry jam. This is a recipe from Deliciously Ella's book. I also decided to make a healthy summer drink- pineapple and grapefruit green tea with passion fruit.


These strawberries were not the best, they didn't look that tasty for eating, and I've never made jam from scratch before, so why not?


All you need is strawberry and honey and chia seeds. 




Boil, boil and mash mash...

There goes the chia seeds!

Boil boil and boil, with some stirring...

You can see a bit of my dinner in the corner, which was smoked salmon in scrambled eggs with spinach and rocket. YUM.

The magic of chia seeds, look at how thick that jam is.

In the fridge it goes! (Apologies for my bad photos...)

 I used two pineapple and grapefruit tea bags in a mug. Left the tea to cool and added more cold water in my jug. Then just added some passion fruit too. Sometimes you just feel like something other than water! Best served with ice. Healthy and tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin' Follow 2

Follow