Tuesday 27 October 2015

Weekend at Peak Districk Part II

For Part I, please click here.

Sunday morning are always lazy and I think they should stay that way. However, when four other people are waiting for you, it might not be such a good idea. I was the last one to wake up, even though I got an extra hour of sleep with the clocks moving back. I had to pack so quickly because everyone else was ready. Awkward... I felt quite embarrassed.

Anyway, after I booted myself out of the door, we went to a little cafe for breakfast. Most of us had the very big breakfast plate. And oh my oh my was it big.





We wandered around Tideswell village for a bit, which was where we stayed. I saw the most amazing looking pharmacy. It had potion bottles, and old fashioned equipment through the window. It looked so cool! Typical for a medical student to get excited about a pharmacy... I'm such a nerd. Sorry not sorry.

We then drove to Curbar and walked along the White Edge route. We were expecting some kind of cliff edge (clue is in the name), but it just never appeared. It was a beautiful walk nonetheless, quite a good workout too! We then went to the famous stepping stones in the nearby area, but not before we got more bakewell puddings! Mwah ha ha. I managed to eat 5 mini bakewell tarts on that day. Again, sorry not sorry!




 Baaaaaaaaaa


Apparently in wet season, those stones are submerged under water. Some people were quite shaky just crossing them like that, don't think they will be able to handle it when they can't even see the stones...

It was honestly just such a beautiful weekend away. People actually said hello to you on the street. If someone did that in London, you'd think they were completely nuts! Also, everyone had a dog. I swear. So unfair. I do love central London, but it is so good to have a break from it once in a while. I mean just look at that view.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloglovin' Follow 2

Follow